• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#401 Patrick Pass

Patrick Pass

Once met Kent Thaler

• Members
  • 22,813 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

:lol: A bit of an overstatement. Carolina is pretty good but they really haven't beat anyone yet. Notre Dame sucks and State is middle of the road. Damn good win for BC but it's hardly one of the greatest college hoop upsets in years.

Well, I mean they beat #7 Notre Dame by 15, #15 Michigan State by 35 and Kentucky who has been playing well and is 11-4 by 19. I'd say its one of the great upsets in years given the hype that has been given to UNC.

#402 Corner Blitz

Corner Blitz
  • Members
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

C's not playing well at MSG.

#403 jforb

jforb
  • Members
  • 9,756 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Have the radio on, is Garnett moving that badly?

#404 Yahtzee

Yahtzee
  • Members
  • 8,133 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

Eddie Andelman, Nick Cafardo and the rest of Eddie's sycophants suck. Shame on me for listening.

#405 Lefty

Lefty
  • Members
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

Well, I mean they beat #7 Notre Dame by 15, #15 Michigan State by 35 and Kentucky who has been playing well and is 11-4 by 19. I'd say its one of the great upsets in years given the hype that has been given to UNC.

With early season upsets, I always say wait a couple of weeks and see if the purported number 1 is really as good as everyone thinks. If Carolina is 18 - 11 in March, no one will think this was a tremendous upset. Today, however, it likely feels good to be a BC fan.

I, of course, hate BC hoops. The worst thing about this win is all the Ken and Barbie homogenous anchor persons on the news tonight will be talking about "our BC Eagles!" and gushing about how great "our team" is. Fortunately, by Wednesday, those same drones will forget local college basketball exists and be back to talking about fenderbenderoos.

#406 InThisTown

InThisTown

By The Numbers

• Members
  • 44,423 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:34 PM

They're a good team. But just because you can look up who they beat on ESPN.com it doesn't mean it's a great upset. BC is a decent team and UNC is a bit better. Nice win, but it happens every year.

#407 Ozzy

Ozzy

Gay Cabellero

• Members
  • 46,157 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

I never knew Maximillian Schell was in Heidi! :o

Having Sirius radio, I know that virtually every local pbp announcer in football sucks. But Merrill Reese of the Philadelphia Eagles is King Turd of the Bowl. What a fu*king assshole! :angry: :angry:

#408 Patrick Pass

Patrick Pass

Once met Kent Thaler

• Members
  • 22,813 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

They're a good team. But just because you can look up who they beat on ESPN.com it doesn't mean it's a great upset. BC is a decent team and UNC is a bit better. Nice win, but it happens every year.

I actually used Yahoo, who by the way has it as their lead story not just on the sports page, but their main page.

#409 Ironhead

Ironhead

Sherman-Loving Fascist

• Members
  • 12,030 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

I never knew Maximillian Schell was in Heidi! :o

Having Sirius radio, I know that virtually every local pbp announcer in football sucks. But Merrill Reese of the Philadelphia Eagles is King Turd of the Bowl. What a fu*king assshole! :angry: :angry:

Is he bad? I've never heard him call a game. He's got an instantly recognizable voice.

#410 middlebury03.5

middlebury03.5
  • Members
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

interesting move by BC, threatening to fire jags if he interviews for NYJ job.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3810186

#411 Ironhead

Ironhead

Sherman-Loving Fascist

• Members
  • 12,030 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

Does BC think they're Florida or Alabama? It's a stepping stone job, always has been, always will be.

#412 Dan

Dan

Steve Jobs

• Members
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

His stock will probably never be higher. He's got a &!%&$t QB situation for next year and the defense likely won't be as good.

Isn't the relationship essentially over when you threaten to fire him just for interviewing? How the hell could they even work together after that? Seems like a really stupid move on the AD's part.

#413 Ironhead

Ironhead

Sherman-Loving Fascist

• Members
  • 12,030 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

Sounds like they're looking for a reason to fire him and this is a convenient excuse.

#414 middlebury03.5

middlebury03.5
  • Members
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

His stock will probably never be higher. He's got a &!%&$t QB situation for next year and the defense likely won't be as good.

Isn't the relationship essentially over when you threaten to fire him just for interviewing? How the hell could they even work together after that? Seems like a really stupid move on the AD's part.

are you implying dominique davis isn't a heisman contender next year?

#415 Dan

Dan

Steve Jobs

• Members
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

Sounds like they're looking for a reason to fire him and this is a convenient excuse.

Agreed.

#416 Corner Blitz

Corner Blitz
  • Members
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

I've never heard of this happening in the past, DeFillippo is definitely up to something no good.

#417 Patrick Pass

Patrick Pass

Once met Kent Thaler

• Members
  • 22,813 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

are you implying dominique davis isn't a heisman contender next year?

I doubt Davis will start next year, it'll probably be Tuggle who redshirted this year and was a much more highly regarded recruit.

#418 The Zolak Experience

The Zolak Experience
  • Members
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

But Jags can be back with BRETT!

#419 The Gimp

The Gimp
  • Members
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

That doesn't sound cricket to me. I'd say BC would have one nice lawsuit on its hands if they can Jags.

#420 Ironhead

Ironhead

Sherman-Loving Fascist

• Members
  • 12,030 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

If Jagodzinski is getting an interview, then it's possible that Favre actually has juice with the Jets. And that should make Patriots fans very happy.

#421 Lefty

Lefty
  • Members
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

I have no idea what's going on with Coach Jags, but anything that puts a sharp tack on Meterperel's seat is a good thing.

Between this and BC losing to Vandy, that little bastard must be beside himself.

:P

#422 Ozzy

Ozzy

Gay Cabellero

• Members
  • 46,157 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

Is he bad? I've never heard him call a game. He's got an instantly recognizable voice.

I realize most of these guys are ridiculous homers but Reese is so far over the top its disgusting.

60 Minutes tried to make Mike Leach look interesting. They failed.

#423 humphrey

humphrey
  • Members
  • 6,192 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

I would disagree that BC was looking to make a change. They met or exceeded expectations in his 2 seasons.

#424 Ironhead

Ironhead

Sherman-Loving Fascist

• Members
  • 12,030 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

I would disagree that BC was looking to make a change. They met or exceeded expectations in his 2 seasons.

My guess would be is that this doesn't have anything to do with the results on the field. The story is sure to come out in the days ahead. BC's in bed with the Red Sox/Fenway Marketing, so I'll expect a full-on Jagodzinski trashing as soon as he's show the door for PR reasons.

#425 Feejis

Feejis

Lawyer

• Members
  • 38,833 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

My guess would be is that this doesn't have anything to do with the results on the field. The story is sure to come out in the days ahead. BC's in bed with the Red Sox/Fenway Marketing, so I'll expect a full-on Jagodzinski trashing as soon as he's show the door for PR reasons.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the on-field results. I'm assuming that it has to do with the fact that he wants to skip town after only 2 years on the job. While BC isn't a final destination type job (except for hockey), the hoops and football coaches who have come in and gone on to bigger and better things usually stick around a little longer than 2 years. Not that the school is right of course, since they'd happily hire anyone away from another school if they could and not care about his tenure.

They don't want to be hiring a new guy every 2-3 years. They probably got more of a sense of commitment from Jagodzinski than 2 seasons and while it's his right to back out of that, they're probably annoyed by it.

Either that or it's another sort of Jim O'Brien battle over admitting recruits who can't read.

#426 Dan

Dan

Steve Jobs

• Members
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

Jags fired according to Channel 7.

#427 NASCL

NASCL

Mike Damone

• Members
  • 56,560 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

When does BC announce Steve Logan as the new head coach?

#428 Patrick Pass

Patrick Pass

Once met Kent Thaler

• Members
  • 22,813 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

I think when they hired him a big thing was whether he was willing to stay at BC for a fairly long run. He probably interviewed that he was. Now he is looking for an out after 2 years, so maybe there are some hard feelings there. I think I remember at the time he said he was willing to make a long-term commitment and now he is interviewing for the first thing that popped up.

Who knows? Logan would be fine, he did pretty well at ECU.

#429 Corner Blitz

Corner Blitz
  • Members
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

It doesn't look right when you pre-emptively fire a guy who's done a good job for being asked to interview for a pro HC job. IH is right, the trashing of Jags will commence starting this week, and I'm having none of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users